Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 2000 16:32:03 -0500
From:      Bob Willcox <bob@immure.com>
To:        hackers list <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   STAILQ_LAST -- what should it return?

I am using a SINGLY-LINKED TAIL QUEUE in a device driver I'm developing
and have encountered what looks like a problem with the STAILQ_LAST
macro (this is FreeBSD 4.1.1-stable).  This macro as defined:

#define STAILQ_LAST(head)       (*(head)->stqh_last)

in /usr/src/sys/sys/queue.h appears to be returning the value of
the first word of the last entry, which in my case (since the link
pointer is the first word in each of my chained structures) is _always_
zero!  What am I missing here?  Is this possibly a bug or have I
missinterpreted what this macro is supposed to do?

Thanks,
Bob

--
Bob Willcox                   hatred, n:
bob@VIEO.com                      A sentiment appropriate to the occasion of