Date:      Mon, 10 Feb 1997 04:45:25 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Getting set-up to use the Bt848 driver

The driver shall work okay with 2.2gamma.

I am using 3.0-current.

Download the driver from rah and read the readme file is very trivial
to incorporate bt848 driver.

How to install:

In your kernel configuration file:

device          bktr0

In  /sys/conf/files add:
pci/brooktree848.c        optional bktr device-driver

Create the device:
mknod /dev/bktr0 c 79 0

copy brooktree848.c and brktree_reg.h to /sys/pci

recompile the kernel and make install

after you reboot the driver is all set for you.

--
A copy of grabber-meteor.cc is included in the distribution in case
that you want to play with vic. "tv" you can download from my ftp

The video display's linear buffer vs paged buffer at this point will not
affect the operation of the bt848 driver since it is not sending data directly
to the frame buffer.

	Enjoy,
	Amancio