Date:      Fri, 17 Dec 1999 16:17:36 -0500
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        adsharma@sharmas.dhs.org, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Per CPU timekeeping for SMP

At 11:41 AM -0800 12/17/99, Arun Sharma wrote:
>Arun Sharma wrote:
> >

> > Here's a reimplementation of my earlier per cpu time keeping patch
> > on SMP.  The attached patch is against a 11/20/99 -current that I
> > cvsup'ed.
>
>Did anyone get a chance to review this ? Is everyone busy or sending
>patches to -hackers is frowned upon ? Or is this something that
>people aren't so excited about ?

Probably need to send this to -current instead of -hackers.
Also, pick a subject that says something about "patches for
review".  Also note that people are in the middle of pushing
out the 3.4-release, so they might not have time to read all
of the articles in hackers right now.

I'm interested in the idea of per-CPU timekeeping, but at the
moment I don't have a 4.x-current system setup, so I can't
try this...  I know I've seen others ask for detail at the
per-CPU level, although I obviously don't know if your patch
does exactly what they were asking for.

---
Garance Alistair Drosehn           =   gad@eclipse.acs.rpi.edu
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute