Date:      Sat, 26 May 2001 12:38:20 -0700
From:      Justin C.Walker <justin@mac.com>
To:        <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG> <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: UDP - Reliable throughput mesaurement

On Saturday, May 26, 2001, at 12:24 PM, Harkirat Singh wrote:

> I specifically want to see the performance of UDP in lossy
> channel, I am
> sure there must be some tool to measure it, I doing a kind of study and
> want to analyse TCP vs. UDP!

If you want to measure the performance of these two protocols, use
'netperf'.  It provides several options for looking at performance.

Your original message indicated you wanted a tool that provides a
reliable layer on UDP, which, obviously, is not the same thing.
Which do you want?  UDP or a reliable datagram protocol?

Regards,

Justin

---
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large  *
Institute for General Semantics        |
Director of Technology                 | It's not whether you win
or lose...
Nexsi Systems Corp.                    |  It's whether *I* win or lose.
1959 Concourse Drive                   |
San Jose, CA  95131                    |