Date:      Mon, 13 Nov 2000 00:46:21 -0800 (PST)
From:      opentrax@email.com
To:        lnb@FreeBSDsystems.COM
Cc:        grog@lemis.com, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, freedom@FreedomTC.COM
Subject:   Re: accessing portal site

On 13 Nov, Lanny Baron wrote:
>...[Trimmed a bunch of stuff]...
> To the person at opentrax@email.com, I am sorry we must correspond
> in this hostile manner. I would like to know who you are, if you
> would consider that.

To know me is to love me. :-)

Lanny,
    Like you, I get upset when I see large corporations
and greedy individuals perpetrate poor busines practices.

    Your issue with Mr. Lehey, is not an issue with me.
Your opinion of Mr. Lehey, is yours; I may, or may not, agree.

    Currently, I'm the President of the
SVBUG (Silicon Valley *BSD User Group). My job is promote ALL
BSD's, including Apple's OS-X. In addition, I'm charged
as a liason from our company to *BSD.

    Our company builds servers. However, right now
we are in the middle of a reorganization. I can't show
anything until about Dec. 14, 2000 (Streaming Media West starts).
We build video server, rebroadcast servers, high-performance
web servers and soon high-peformance webring servers.

    My job includes listening to many people. Many who don't
have the time to read mail-lists, follow newsgroups or get
on IRC. Many of these people are good people. Some of these
people are really Linux Users, high in their community,
but unwilling to get in our fray.

    These people are willing to listen and follow. These people
tell me things; I report them to the *BSD-mailing-lists.

    I take your point (about M$/Intel) and appearances
lead me to beleive you are correct.

    However, if you read between the lines, you'll see
every response is now measured. Why?

    I burned much engery (in the early days) fighting
with everyone in *BSD. Just ask Jordan. I would consel(sp?)
you to do the same (measure your resonse). Sure you can fight,
if you want. I'm not going to stop you or even complain.

   However, if your points are correct about *BSD, there
are other means to about them. Means that will allow
you to win, be the hero and come out ahead. This choice
can only be made by you.

				best regards,
				Jessem.