Date:      Tue, 19 Sep 2000 12:22:12 +1100
From:      Gregory Bond <gnb@itga.com.au>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.1 live filesystem/Fixit CD not working

We've had a bit of strife with one of our systems.  So we booted from the 4.1
WC CD, and tried to use the second live filesystem CD from inside sysinstall.
Selecting this option asked us to insert the life filesystem CD, then came up
with the following two messages:

Warning: ldconfig could not create the ld.so hints file.
Dynamic executables from the CDROM likely won't work.

Warning: could not create the symlink for ld-self.so.1.
Dynamic executables from the CDROM likely won't work.

Then switching to VTY4, /dist is not mounted and there is only the contents of
the mfs visible (including mount_nfs but not mount or mount_cd9660)  I.e. a
basically useless environment!

Exiting from the shell brought up the message

Cannot unmount /dist: invalid argument

On VTY2 you get a message:
/mnt2/sbin/ldconfig: not found

Using the fixit floppy _does_ work as expected.