Date:      Sat, 23 Sep 1995 12:43:51 -0400
From:      Gene Stark <gene@starkhome.cs.sunysb.edu>
To:        cs.berkeley.edu!asami@sbstark.cs.sunysb.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        bob@luke.pmr.com, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Using amanda from ports

> * I'd certainly like to hear from folks that are successfully using
> * it...
>
>I'm sure there is somebody using it successfully, maybe you can ask in
>the newsgroup or "hackers"?  The "ports" list is for porters, so
>amanda users may not be listening here....

I am using it successfully on a system running -stable, though I compiled
amanda under 2.0.5R.  I am backing up a network with 6 servers and 30
filesystems to an HP DAT drive.  Works great!  I just go change the
tape every day.  You don't need a big holding disk for it if you don't
want one.
							- Gene Stark