Date:      Wed, 18 Aug 1999 02:00:02 +0900 (JST)
From:      Michael Hancock <michaelh@cet.co.jp>
To:        Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
Cc:        Hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, fs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BSD XFS Port & BSD VFS Rewrite

On Tue, 17 Aug 1999, Bill Studenmund wrote:

> I've compared the two, and making the NetBSD number match the FreeBSD
> number is one of my goals. :-)
>
> Any suggestions, or just plod&fix?

It can be very cumbersome tracking down references being bumped by
vref/VREF and other operations.

Among the uncompleted operations are VOPs that pre-release the returned
vpp to the caller.  I think in VOP_MKNOD this was done as a convenience
and you might have to add code to handle device vp aliases correctly.

Just remember the rule, the allocating layer must be the layer that
deallocates.

Regards,

Mike