Date:      22 Mar 2003 15:08:37 +0100
From:      Klavs Klavsen <kl@vsen.dk>
To:        Kevin Oberman <oberman@es.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Xircom Card not working on FreeBSD 5.0

--=-ZZKz4F5Ie3Eu9YZW8y5C

On Fri, 2003-03-21 at 21:30, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> Are you running 5.0-RELEASE to CURRENT? There have been very significant
> enhancements to CardBus support in general as well as the dc drivers sice
> the release. I'd really suggest trying to update to CURRENT if you are
> not running something pretty recent.
>=20
> FWIW, I have been using a RBEM56G-100, which is the same Ethernet device
> combined with a serial port) with no problems with the Ethernet side. I
> did need to add hw.cbb.start_memory=3D"0x20000000" to /boot/loader.conf,
> but the symptoms were different from yours, so I don't know that this
> will help. But you might want to try it.
>=20
sorry dude. I tried running the latest snapshot of current kern.flp and
mfsroot.flp - but they didn't find my xircom card (same error as with
5.0-release) :(

Where did you find out about the hw.cbb.start_memory thing?
=20
--=20
Regards,
Klavs Klavsen, GSEC - kl@vsen.dk - http://www.vsen.dk

Working with Unix is like wrestling a worthy opponent.=20
Working with windows is like attacking a small whining child=20
who is carrying a .38.			=09

--=-ZZKz4F5Ie3Eu9YZW8y5C

--=-ZZKz4F5Ie3Eu9YZW8y5C--