Date:      Thu, 25 Jul 2002 12:00:45 -0700
From:      BSD baby <bsd@hitmedia.com>
To:        MET <met@uberstats.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD as a Desktop

I agree with everyone else that FreeBSD is a perfectly fine desktop OS.
(I run it on my laptop.  So fast and steady.)

Just wanted to add that Opera is the best web browser I've ever used.
It's worth paying them the $35 fee to disable banners & fully register it.
(If, like me, you use a web browser all day for everything.)

The other good tip is to save all your Windows fonts, and read the
FreeBSD manual about how to use TrueType fonts, anti-aliased.

It really is a wonderful thing.  Then there's a setting (I forget now)
you can use so that Opera uses these anti-aliased TrueType fonts.
Very beautiful.  And will let you see all websites as they were designed
for the Windows majority.