Date:      Tue, 20 Jan 1998 21:05:42 +0100
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@peedub.muc.de>
To:        thabib@netroplex.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: isdn4bsd

thabib@netroplex.com writes:
>Where can i find the isdn4bsd package?

it's not released (read: publically available) yet.

>Is it similiar to the isdn4linux package?

the only thing they have in common is the isdn4. As you probably know,
isdn4linux uses a streams-like mechanism. isdn4bsd is a standard BSD
style (collection of) driver(s) which are interlinked using callbacks
by way of pointers. We briefly considered using Julian Elischer's
netgraph stuff (which provides a kind of streams mechanism) but it
was decided to get it working in the traditional fashion before using
something which was unfamiliar to us.

>I ask this question becuase I want to port a isdn4linux driver to
>freebsd.

could probably be done, but it would require a lot of conversion. Which
driver, if I may ask ?

---
Gary Jennejohn
Home - garyj@muc.de