Date:      Fri, 08 Mar 2002 05:56:02 +0000
From:      "Jon Larssen" <jonlarssen@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   find(1) usage

Hi,

I have a backup directory of some important system files, for instance,
backup/etc/master.passwd, backup/etc/groups, etc. Now, if I'm standing just
on backup's parent, I can find the files I need to backup, like:

   find backup/ -name "*" ! -type d -print

and the result would be

   backup/etc/master.passwd
   backup/etc/groups
   etc.

Now, I'd like to use the -exec expression of find(1) to obtain the following
(sample) command:

  cp -p /etc/master.passwd backup/etc/master.passwd

I know there's a thingy, {}, that would give the whole path
(backup/etc/master.passwd, for instance). Now, how can I erase the backup
part? Is this doable just with clever use of find(1)?

Best regards,
Jon.