Date:      Sun, 03 Apr 2011 21:22:45 +0200
From:      Erik Sallmann <erik.sallmann@stud.fh-regensburg.de>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Google Summer of Code

Hi,
I posted this already on embedded@. I hope I can find someone who can
give me some advice on this list.
I'm a student at the University of Applied Sciences in Regensburg,
Germany. I'm studying computer engineering and would like to
participate in gsoc2011.
I'm especially interested in your embedded project of creating a "NAND
Flash driver support". Originally, I wanted to apply at the NetBSD
Project and suggest to port it to a new plattform (SheevaPlug). But as
I've seen there's already a lot of code in the CVS and as it's not
possible to run any of the BSDs from flash, I would like to apply for
this project. It would still be a necessary contribution to the efforts
of porting them to the SheevaPlug.
I would like to discuss this Project in my diploma thesis.
So what i need to know is whether it's still an undone task and whether
it would be enough work to cover it in a thesis. And as I've already
written to "imp" and he told me that he doesn't have time this year, i
would be very grateful if someone could be my mentor. :-)

Kind regards

Erik