Date:      Mon, 19 Apr 2004 10:55:19 +0930
From:      Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Peter A. Giessel" <pgiessel@mac.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vinum drives crash in 5.2.1 but work in 4.9

--Pes7OZCOzfZhFQfq

On Sunday, 18 April 2004 at 16:59:59 -0800, Peter A. Giessel wrote:
> I have a rather large (ok, I'm insane, its that large) Vinum array,
> which works fine in 4.9, but crashes in 5.2.1.  I don't think its
> vinum's fault, but I could be wrong.
>
> My question is: any ideas as to why the drives crash when accessed and
> can't be labeled (other than my boot drive) in 5.2.1, but work fine in
> 4.9?
>
> More info about my setup follows:

It can't have been more than a day or two since I last reminded people
that if you have a problem Involving Vinum, you should read the
information at http://www.vinumvm.org/vinum/how-to-debug.html.  In
this particular case, you'll certainly need a backtrace from the
processor dump.  The relevant output of /var/log/messages would also
be very useful.

Greg
Note: I discard all HTML mail unseen.
Finger grog@FreeBSD.org for PGP public key.