Date:      Mon, 31 Jul 2000 08:34:12 +0200
From:      "Miklos Niedermayer" <mico@bsd.hu>
To:        Jens Sauer <pirol9999@gmx.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Where to put a command?

Hello,

Jens Sauer:

> can anybody tell me, where to put a command,
> that shall be executed every time my ISDN-Card
> dials out again ("on demand" - and gets a new IP-address).
> I have to refresh my firewall-rules at every
> change of the outside-ip-address

If you are using user-level PPP, you can use its ppp.linkup features,
otherwise man isdnd.rc:

             connectprog    specifies a program run everytime after a connec-
                            tion is established and address negotiation is
                            complete (i.e.: the connection is useable).  Isdnd
                            expects to find the program below the path
                            /etc/isdn which is prepended to the string speci-
                            fied as a parameter to this keyword.  The programs
                            specified by connect and disconnect will get the
                            following command line arguments: -d (device) -f
                            (flag) [ -a (addr) ] where device is the name of
                            device, e.g. "isp0", flag will be "up" if connec-
                            tion just got up, or "down" if interface changed
                            to down state and addr the address that got as-
                            signed to the interface as a dotted-quad ip ad-
                            dress (optional, only if it can be figured out by
                            isdnd). (optional)

  If you are dealing with the packet filter you should deal with it a bit more,
it would be better if it wouldn't need refresh every time.  You should
specify your tun0 or isp0 interface, not their IP address. If you are using
user-level PPP, please take a look at its filtering features.

Good luck.
--