Date:      Mon, 04 Dec 1995 17:49:57 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        rb@gid.co.uk (Bob Bishop), peter@taronga.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Adding New Hard Drives: A Major Complaint

> It would appear that we actually have low-density and high-density cards;
> can we support both, or do we need seperate boot-decks?

Folks, folks, this is clearly a case where an amalgam of both old and
new technologies is required.  Consider the challenges solved by TCP.
Lots of packets arriving potentially out of sequence (or not at all)
reassembled into a coherent data stream.  Much like the idea of
multiple cards arriving one at a time into a hopper, yes?

So all we need is to establish sequence numbers for cards, and maybe a
time to live field?  Is it too late to get this into IPv6?

					Jordan