Date:      Sat, 16 Mar 2002 21:26:35 -0500
From:      Tadayuki OKADA <tadayuki.okada@windriver.com>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        Tadayuki OKADA <tokada@isi.com>, standards@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: _MULTI_LIBM

Bruce Evans wrote:
> C99 permits both but requires neither.  Also, it specifies "exceptions"
> more clearly -- math errors may raise exceptions by just setting an
> exception flag; a SIGFPE for this is permitted but not required.  There
> is no standard way to tell if you will get SIGFPE's.  I think POSIX
> intends to say the same, but I couldn't find where it connects
> "floating-point exception" with "SIGFPE".
There's a table describing the reason of signals.
from POSIX.1-2001 Base Definitions Chapter13 Headers <signal.h>:
SIGFPE FPE_INTDIV Integer divide by zero.
       FPE_INTOVF Integer overflow.
       FPE_FLTDIV Floating-point divide by zero.
       FPE_FLTOVF Floating-point overflow.
       FPE_FLTUND Floating-point underflow.
       FPE_FLTRES Floating-point inexact result.
       FPE_FLTINV Invalid floating-point operation.
       FPE_FLTSUB Subscript out of range.

Regards,
--
Tadayuki OKADA