Date:      Wed, 16 May 2001 14:08:58 -0400
From:      Barry Lustig <barry@lustig.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Memory Issue on a Sony Vaio Z505LE

I was curious whether the memory limitation on the Sony VAIO Z505
machines was a hardware limitation.  I just tried adding a 256MB module
to my machine.  The BIOS seem to mostly recognize it.  It did see 320MB
of RAM, but had problems when testing all of it.  FreeBSD current boots
but gives me:
	Too many holes in the physical address space, giving up

and comes up with 64MB of RAM.  Is this something that can be worked
around, or have I run up against an actual hardware limit on the
machine?

barry