Date:      Thu, 9 Sep 2010 19:43:41 +1000
From:      John Marshall <john.marshall@riverwillow.com.au>
To:        "Jason C. Wells" <jcw@speakeasy.net>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 8.1 Heimdal KDC

--eRtJSFbw+EEWtPj3

On Wed, 08 Sep 2010, 20:02 -0700, Jason C. Wells wrote:
> Could somebody please confirm that they are actually using 8.1-R with=20
> heimdal as a KDC successfully?  A little confirmation would help me great=
ly.

I have 8.1-RELEASE running (base system) KDC's on three servers here.
The master uses hprop to replicate to the slaves.  The version of
Heimdal on 8.1-RELEASE is Heimdal 1.1.0

Not all of the Heimdal man pages are installed on FreeBSD.  I have found
that hunting through man pages under /usr/src/crypto/heimdal helped me
with compatibility issues between the Heimdal implementations on FreeBSD
7.n (Heimdal 0.6.3) and FreeBSD 8.n (Heimdal 1.1.0) - particularly the
COMPATIBILITY section in /usr/src/crypto/heimdal/lib/gssapi/gssapi.3

--=20
John Marshall

--eRtJSFbw+EEWtPj3

--eRtJSFbw+EEWtPj3--