Date:      Wed, 13 Aug 2003 18:57:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mike Hoskins <mike@adept.org>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: realpath(3) et al

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, Chris Odell wrote:
>   Sometimes I wonder why im on this list.... I was just throwing

hopefully because you care about fbsd and the security thereof...

>   People like this are a waste of bandwidth....

i feel the same thing sometimes...  but as i get older, i realize we all
seem like a waste of bandwidth at times.  if possible, it's best to 'not
say anything unless you have something good to say'.  i'm not attacking or
defending anyone here...  just pointing out that we're all people with
differing opinions...  and none of us are 100% right...  so working
together is the only way to find the best solution.

>   I'm sure ill be banned after someone reads this with some sort of
> authority, so for the people that actually have some sort of sense it
> has been very educational/fun.

let's hope not.  i've stepped on plenty of toes (including jkh's back in
the day) and have never been banned.  i think that says something (good)
about the maturity of our audience/admins.

-mrh

From: "Spam Catcher" <spam-catcher@adept.org>
To: spam-catcher@adept.org
Do NOT send email to the address listed above or
you will be added to a blacklist!