Date:      Sat, 26 May 2001 14:00:16 -0700
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Harkirat Singh" <singh@pdx.edu>, "Bill Moran" <wmoran@iowna.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: UDP - Reliable throughput mesaurement tool

Ah - NO.  UDP and TCP were specifically DESIGNED for DIFFERENT
network conditions.  Your making an apples-to-oranges comparison
here which isn't going to give you any useful information.

One kind of network condition will make TCP be horrible and UDP
be great - an other kind of condition will make UDP be horrible and
TCP be great.  Tell us which protocol you want to "win" and
we can tell you how to stack the test.