Date:      Mon, 3 Feb 1997 23:33:40 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Marty Leisner <leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com>
Cc:        Andre Albsmeier <Andre.Albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to export directory with subdirs

On Mon, 3 Feb 1997, Marty Leisner wrote:

> I like the way the linux nfs server allows you to export / and you're
> done...(at home, I don't care about security).  Everything is exported.
>

> Is there a way to do the equivalent with freebsd?

I don't think mounts are allowed to traverse mountpoints.  Have you
actually tried just exporting / -alldirs and seeing if everything below it
is available?

This is the (butchered) quote from the exports(5) manpage regarding
-alldirs:

The second is to specify the pathname of the root of the filesys-
     tem followed by the -alldirs flag; this form allows the host(s) to
mount
     at any point within the filesystem, including regular files if the
``-r''
     option is used on mountd.  The pathnames must not have any symbolic
links
     in them and should not have any "." or ".." components.  Mount points
for
     a filesystem may appear on multiple lines each with different sets of
     hosts and export options.

Hope this helps.  I wish I knew more about NFS mounting; perhaps another
can fill in the intimiate details.