Date:      Mon, 20 Feb 2012 11:35:05 -0500
From:      Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@msu.edu>
To:        "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: One or Four?

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 05:14:35PM +0100, Julian H. Stacey wrote:

> > > I remember when & why the list was set up.
> > > See src/ etc/motd
>
> > I don't see how this is so OT for a general questions list - regardless
> > of verbiage about its charter.   A general question was asked and
> > many people responded in various ways, hopefully all to the benefit
> > of the FreeBSD system and community.
>
> FreeBSD thrives on co-operation.  Conforming to FreeBSD lists remits
> is part of the co-operation, & a requirement to post to lists.
> Read, memorise & conform by posting to list with most appropriate remit
> on a per thread basis.

Yes.  I have read this and find that this thread conforms to what is
described on that page.

  This is the mailing list for questions about FreeBSD.  You should not
  send "how to" questions to the technical lists unless you consider the
  question to be pretty technical.

So, the OP posted a question about normal and/or preferred use
of FreeBSD and people responded.  Or do you consider this thread
to be too technical?   Maybe the discussion could fit in Hackers.

////jerry