Date:      Sat, 03 Jan 1998 07:35:11 -0800
From:      Don Wilde <don@partsnow.com>
To:        Charles Reese <reese@chem.duke.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Network problem with Novell 4.11

> Is there something else that must be configured for FreeBSD to run on a
> Novell lan?

Nothing except to make the Novell clients talk Ethernet-II frame type. I
set up E-II and 802.3 as the two frame types in Novell's STARTNET.BAT.
Novell's default in V4.1 is 802.2, but the novell-server-emulation
software (SoftNet) we use on the HPUX machines will only talk 802.3.
Works fine for me. If you want to share disks, load SAMBA on the FreeBSD
server. We use FreeBSD for all web-related servers, HPUX and NT for
workstations, and Win3.1 and 95 for PC clients.

--
  oooOOO O O O o * * *  *   *   *