Date:      Sun, 5 Feb 2006 15:37:20 +0100
From:      "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@FreeBSD.org>
To:        delphij@delphij.net
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org, hrs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Code policy on doc/ tree?

--R3G7APHDIzY6R/pk

On 2006.01.29 01:09:28 +0800, Xin LI wrote:

> In order to be able to generate usable PDF and RTF files for the
> FreeBSD Simplified Chinese Project, we have added several building
> hooks into our local tree, which is available at:
>=20
> http://cvsweb.freebsd.org.cn/doc/zh_CN.GB2312/share/mk/Attic/?only_with_t=
ag=3DCNPROJ
>=20
> Is code allowed here?  Should we make it as a port?

Hey,

I think it would be a good idea to have it in the main repository so
the complete doc build (including the build that generates document
for ftp.freebsd.org) can use it.

If it should be a port or directly in doc/ really depend on if you
think it would be useful for people in general use and not just doc/,
and if the files are used directly by TeX or need to be compiled as a
normal program.  If general purpose or need to be compiled I think a
port would be preferable, and then just make it a dependency of the
docproj port.

Anyway, that's my 0.01$CURRENCY.

--=20
Simon L. Nielsen