Date:      Tue, 18 Dec 2001 19:20:39 +0000
From:      Ceri <setantae@submonkey.net>
To:        register@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        www@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Does anyone still read this ?

Hi,

I'm cleaning up publish.sgml for the www.FreeBSD.org website.
Part of this looks like it's going to involve cleaning up
register.sgml and reg.cgi while I'm at it, since publish.sgml
still refers to reg.cgi.

Clearly reg.cgi should no longer be accepting addresses for the
purpose of sending a copy of the newsletter (jkh advises it's
long dead), so should this still be accepting postal addresses at
all ?

My thoughts are to tidy it up so that it just subscribes people
to announce@FreeBSD.org, but if there is a reason for us to be
collecting postal addresses, could someone please advise what that
reason is (so I can state it on register.sgml) ?

Thanks,

Ceri

--
keep a mild groove on