Date:      Wed, 17 Jul 2002 14:37:07 -0500
From:      "Douglas K. Rand" <rand@meridian-enviro.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   BIOS Console Redirection

Other than running FreeBSD on these systems, this has nothing to do
with FreeBSD.  Sorry.  :^)

We are using some Tyan TigerMP (S2460) motherboards and are trying to
get the BIOS based console redirection to work for us. We have almost
everything working just fine, with one exception:

We have a 3ware controller in the box, and in order to enter the 3ware
setup you need to press ALT-3 during the POST. For the life of me I
can't figure out how to simulate ALT-3 over a serial link.

Has anybody else used the PhoenixBIOS and the console redirection and
gotten an ALT-blah key code simulated?

Thanks.