Date:      Wed, 3 Feb 2010 10:05:08 -0800
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        Alexander Motin <mav@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Current <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: "shutdown -p": (noperiph:aacp0:0:6:0): Device power down failed

--tEFtbjk+mNEviIIX

On Wed, Feb 03, 2010 at 07:40:06PM +0200, Alexander Motin wrote:
> David Wolfskill wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 03, 2010 at 06:40:37AM -0800, David Wolfskill wrote:
> >> Just updated my build machine from r203376 to r203425, which seeme dto
> >> go well, but after I issued "shutdown -p now" (as I leave the machine
> >> off when it's not in use), I saw the following on the serial console:
> >>
> >> Uptime: 1m45s
> >> (noperiph:aacp0:0:0:0): Device power down failed
> >> (noperiph:aacp0:0:1:0): Device power down failed
> That was my change r203420. `sysctl kern.cam.power_down=3D0` should
> disable new behavior. It can be a bug of aac driver. Is it repeatable
> each time at the same place?

Well, I just tried it a second time, and the failure mode appears
identical, yes.  I won't (quite) claim that it's "repeatable=A0each time
at the same place" yet, but the evidence certainly tends toward that
direction.

> > Tried the same experiment with the laptop; didn't get the above failure,
> > but am seeing many (as in "hundreds") of
> >=20
> > atapi_poll called!
> > atapi_poll called!
>=20
> This looks like atapicam misfeature. I'll look on it.

Cool; thanks!

I'm quite willing to test patches &c.

Peace,
david
--=20
Depriving a girl or boy of an opportunity for education is evil.

--tEFtbjk+mNEviIIX

--tEFtbjk+mNEviIIX--