Date:      Sat, 22 Mar 2003 14:35:57 +0000
From:      Jonathan Belson <jon@witchspace.com>
To:        Anish Mistry <mistry.7@osu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sound problems on VAIO SR1K

Anish Mistry wrote:
> I have a similar problem on my laptop when I load the fireware module, so I
> just kldload/unload the firewire module when I need it.  It may be another
> device conflicting with the sound, try loading and unloading various kernel
> modules once you've removed them from your kernel.  This isn't a fix, but
> might help determine the confilcting device.

I've only got the kernel loaded :-)  I've tried taking out other options
I can do without eg. floppy, spic but the problem remains.

I've noticed that three different devices are using irq 9, I wonder if
that could be causing problems.

Any other VAIO used out there with similar problems?

--Jon

http://www.witchspace.com