Date:      Sun, 10 Dec 2006 01:53:46 +0000
From:      Robbie Bykowski <pink_and_blue_the_clouds_above@hotmail.co.uk>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Printing (Trying)

I have been trying to get my Canon Pixma iP5000 to print on FreeBSD.I used =
Apsfilter cause apparently its more user friendly then CUPS. I when through=
 all the settings and set everything up probably (i hope) as when i did a t=
est print it printed, but it came out as an A5 size (is that normal?) on th=
e A4. It had everything it should have on the test print so i did the I com=
mand, gave it the name lp and then Q command and read what came after.I did=
 the:lpc restart alland came out with this:lp:        no daemon to abort   =
     printing enabled        daemon restartedif i do it again it would come=
 the same as above.I then do lpr command:lpr linux.txtand does nothing.Any =
help is thanked in advanced (I've been trying to do this for a long time)al=
so with your help, i can get one step futher away from windows :DPink and B=
lue=20
http://ideas.live.com/programpage.aspx?versionId=3D5d21c51a-b161-4314-9b0e-=
4911fb2b2e6d=