Date:      Wed, 23 Jan 2013 17:50:53 +0100
From:      Marcus von Appen <mva@FreeBSD.org>
To:        python@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: bsd.python.mk: python3 plist shim

--SLDf9lqlvOQaIe6s

Hi,

On, Wed Jan 23, 2013, Ruslan Makhmatkhanov wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm planning to apply this patch to Mk/bsd.python.mk soon. It's an
> nivit's solution from devel/py-virtualenv for changes, introduced in PEP
> 3147 [1]. It will not affect default packages build, because packages
> are not yet building for python3 on cluster, but it will affect python
> ports, built with python3, that already has fix like that applied
> locally. I tested it with dozen of ports and everything seems fine.
> Local fixes will be removed right after this change. Please tell me if
> there is any objections or suggestions on this. Thanks.

[...]

I still do not get what the patch should exactly do and I am too lazy to
refresh my awk skills and try it out myself. If that patch is just about
the [INSERT cpython-correct-XX].pyc stuff, there is no need for it in my
opinion.

Can you please provide details on what the patch does?

Cheers
Marcus

--SLDf9lqlvOQaIe6s

--SLDf9lqlvOQaIe6s--