Date:      Tue, 28 Nov 2000 12:03:52 +0000
From:      geoff buckingham <geoff@filmgroup.co.uk>
To:        jsmith_118@hotmail.com
Cc:        tim@filmgroup.co.uk, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fastfowarding (ip_flow.c)

Did you ever resolve this? We may be seeing a similar problem, or it
could be something else entirely :-)

<Begin Archive stuff>

We're using ip_fastfowarding,  on a system routing 20k-30k packets per
second between two intel pro/100+ cards. When we enable it,  it causes
strange system behaviour;  System gets sluggish,  pauses from time
to time.  It may be because IPFLOW_MAX is set to 256.  We attempted
to change it to 8192,  but the system halts immediately after
enabling fastforward.

Can anyone advise how we can properly adjust varables in ip_flow.c?
(IPFLOW_MAX, IPFLOW_HASHBITS, IPFLOW_HASHSIZE, IPFLOW_TIMER, etc).

(We're using FreeBSD 3.4-STABLE, running BGP4 with 72,000 routes in
kernel).

Any help would be appreicated!