Date:      Mon, 11 Jan 1999 13:16:41 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Quintin Oliver <quintin@smlt.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Connect speed on FreeBSD.

Greetings!

We run a local ISP powered by FreeBSD 2.2.8 and 3.0, our users connect to
FreeBSD on 2.2.8 on modem dial. The modems are Modular Technologies V.90
compliant, however, many of our users have reported that they can only
connect at about 31k to 35k a second, that is there actuall connect speed
NOT BANDWIDTH from the net. I've checked our configuation over and over
again, we are using Mgetty and we are asking it to connect the users at
57600??

Does anyone have any ideas on fixing this and/or running diagnostics on
the modems and hardware themselfs?

Many Thanks,

Quintin.