Date:      Thu, 31 Aug 1995 10:29:54 -0500
From:      lonnie@sparcplug.itg.ti.com (Lonnie Lewis)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org

Have installed the binary, man page, and X11 packages on
two machine
      Gateway Pentium P5 90
      ATI Card MACH64
      32 meg memory
      3c509b ethernet card
      2940 adaptec SCSI
      PS/2 style mouse
      NEC XE17

Question.  The probe doesn't seem to recognize the PS/2
mouse.  Is there something I need to do in addition to
regular install?  xf86config worked O.K.  I have the
same configuration running under linux.  When I try to
access pms0 it says device not configured.

       386DX/20
       VIDEO SEVEN (512M)
       8 meg memory
       3c503 ethernet card
       serial card
       NEC 3D

Question.  There were no tty devices for the serial ports.
dmesg shows sio1 and sio2 at the correct addresses and irqs.
There were cuaa devices that seem to work correctly.  I used
cuaa0 in my XF86Config and that got me past the problem of
no mouse device.  The problem I have now is recognition of
my video card.  Is this card supported under X?

regards,

Lonnie              lonnie.lewis@itg.ti.com

ps  please copy responses to biglon@computek.net

Thanks in advance.