Date:      Thu, 25 Jul 2002 12:29:42 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        Mark Rowlands <mark.rowlands@minmail.net>
Cc:        Jud <jud@myrealbox.com>, met@uberstats.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD as a Desktop

Mark Rowlands wrote:

> On Thu July 25 2002 20:51, Kent Stewart wrote:
>
>>Jud wrote:

I rarely agree 100% with anything. I can always find something wrong.
I use FreeBSD because it handles source in a consistent manner, i.e.,
cvsup and one source (VERY IMPORTANT), and ipfw for a firewall. I
could probably use Darren's program but got started on ipfw.

What other OS can you exchange email with the developer and get a
solution to a problem in 15 minutes. The fix is also available to
everyone in the world at the same time. The first bug I found in
Windows 98 was 6 months before I had a fix. I beta tested NT and its
versions and problems on my systems were fixed before it was released.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA