Date:      Thu, 15 Sep 2005 14:12:16 -0500
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        "Kiffin Gish" <kiffin@gish.demon.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is Gnome 2.12 worth the hassle?

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 14:03:39 -0500, Kiffin Gish <kiffin@gish.demon.nl>
wrote:

> I see that while the latest gnome desktop 2.12 is so-called 'ready' for
> freebsd, it will not be included in the official ports directory until
> freebsd 6.
>
> Is it worth the hassle trying to download it and getting it installed
> despite possible headaches and frustrations or should I just be patient
> and
> wait for version 6?

I only see an advantage of wait after FreeBSD 6 is that will allowing many
third parties such as esclipe, ruby-gtk2/ruby-gnome2 and etc to catch up
and release the tarball. I have no problem with GNOME 12 so far as I don't
use esclipe and etc. It's only a few apps so far.

If you are insteresting to help more on debug, feedback and etc, then
install GNOME 2.12 right away and we will do our best to help you out.

Cheers,
Mezz

--
mezz7@cox.net  -  mezz@FreeBSD.org