Date:      Mon, 4 Oct 1999 14:29:33 +0100
From:      Lofthouse Andrew 2dLt WRALC/TIECT <Andrew.Lofthouse@robins.af.mil>
To:        sheldonh@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RE: kern/13174: 3.- branch hardware probe does not detect primary IDE controller

Most likely a conflict between two hard-drives that didn't like each other.
The original configuration was: 1.21 GB Samsung hardrive as primary master,
6.4 GB Seagate as primary slave and ATAPI CD-ROM drive as secondary master.
I changed the configuration to: Samsung as primary master, CD-ROM drive as
primary slave, and Seagate as secondary master. The system now boots up
correctly every time.

Andrew J. Lofthouse