Date:      Wed, 5 Apr 1995 12:07:05 -0400
From:      mcaughey@infi.net (Michael Caughey)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   POP Questions modified

Ok  this question is for all of you POP Gurus...

(I re-wrote this message so that it was a bit easier to understand)

    I'm setting to set up a POP using the popper that was sent with the CD
ROM from Walnut creek.  I have the inetd.conf reflecting where it is for
both POP2 and POP3.  When I log into in via a lan connection with the Eudora
mailer I get the following message displayed on the UNIX moniter and in the
trace file:

...popper[100]: Client address "?.?.?.8" not listed for its host name
"mydomain_name.com"

    The last "mydomain_name.com" directly relfects the entry in the
/etc/hosts file:

?.?.?.1 mydomain_name.com loghost

Eudora is trying to connect to to the popper using that address from a
client on the lan with the address ?.?.?.8

I'm assuming that there is something that I need to set up for the popper or
in the sendmail.cf, since I have not configured anything except the
inetd.conf file and the location of the file after unzipping it. I've not
modifed the sendmail.cf in any way.

    Since there is not much in the way of real ducumentation for the popper
and a quick scan of the man page tells me nothing about configuring of it,
I'm going to plead my case here.

    Thanks in advance!
| Michael Caughey.                         |
| mcaughey@infi.net                        |
| running FreeBSD 2.0!                     |