Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 2013 17:29:56 -0500
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Dimitry Andric <dim@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>, Brooks Davis <brooks@FreeBSD.org>, "freebsd-stable@freebsd.org Stable" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: include/c++/v1 still in BSD.include.dist as well as in obsolete_files

--2fHTh5uZTiUOsy+g

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 11:22:55PM +0200, Dimitry Andric wrote:
> On Jun 18, 2013, at 21:03, Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com> wrote:
> > When I run "make check-old, the /usr/include/c++/v1 and v1/ext director=
ies
> > are listed as old, but they are still present in BSD.include.dist, so a=
re
> > recreated every time I installworld.
> >=20
> > Could these directories be removed from BSD.include.dist, as I am pretty
> > sure that they ARE obsolete.
>=20
> They are not obsolete, as they are part of libc++, but I don't think it
> is already possible to have parts of mtree files depend on WITH_XXX
> settings.  So we can either remove the directories (but not the files)
> from ObsoleteFiles.inc, or attempt to amend mtree so it can handle
> conditional parts.
>=20
> Brooks, any idea if NetBSD's mtree supports that feature? :-)

It doesn't.  The only way to do this currently is to create separate
mtree files for each set of option directories.  In the current world
order this sucks because each parent directly must be specified with
correct permissions so there's lots of opportunity to break things.  I'm
hoping to fix that some time soon by switch to new-format mtree files.
You'd still have to use separate files, but at least they would only
contain the relevant directories.

-- Brooks

--2fHTh5uZTiUOsy+g

--2fHTh5uZTiUOsy+g--