Date:      Tue, 13 Jun 2006 17:09:39 -0400
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi+mx@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@gmx.de>
Cc:        Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@leidinger.net>, Michael Nottebrock <lofi@freebsd.org>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>
Subject:   Re: NOT installing the .la files

в╕второк 13 червень 2006 17:02, Matthias Andree написав:
> Can we as port maintainers take this - and other relevant posts - as the
> "go ahead" for not jumping hoops to remove .la files if some third-party
> software we port installs them?

Deleting them in post-install is easy enough. It may be dirty, but leaving
them is even dirtier, IMO...

When the libtool is finally fixed, removing these post-install targets will be
easier, than fixing the plist files, because it will NOT require PORTREVISION
bumps.

	-mi