Date:      Tue, 30 May 2000 15:05:00 -0600
From:      Alex <alex@aspenworks.com>
To:        Robert Hough <rch@qserve.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cucipop port/source

Robert,

 It is faster. cucipop does not copy the mail file to a tmp file like
qpopper does. The trade off to consider is that cucipop will not
re-synch after abnormal disconnects as well qpopper does. It appears
that the temp file qpopper uses keeps better track of the individual
mail messages downloaded.

 I settled on cucipop for speed once our system needed to support more
than 2,000 mailboxes.

 We never did much with DB files, but the control aspects of cucipop
turned out easier to manage.

 -Alex