Date:      Fri, 6 Jul 2007 20:40:11 GMT
From:      "Victor Liu" <victor.liu@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-usb@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: usb/114310: USB hub attachment panics kernel during libusb device scan

The following reply was made to PR usb/114310; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Victor Liu" <victor.liu@gmail.com>
To: "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc: freebsd-usb@freebsd.org, bug-followup@freebsd.org
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 13:08:05 -0700

 Here is the code I just used to panic it just now (requires libusb):
 /////////// usbtest.c:
 #include "/usr/local/include/usb.h"

 int main(int argc, char **argv){
 	while(1){
 		usb_init ();
 		usb_find_busses ();
 		usb_find_devices ();
 	}
 	return 0;
 }
 //////////// Makefile:
 CC=gcc
 LD=ld
 CFLAGS = -g -c -Wall

 all: usbtest.o
 	$(CC) -o usbtest usbtest.o /usr/local/lib/libusb.a

 clean:
 	rm -f usbtest usbtest.tgz *.o *~

 It took me about 15 plug-in/unplug cycles to get it to crash
 (sometimes as many as 30 during previous testing when I'm unlucky).
 There's about a 200ms window during which the panic will occur, and
 it's hard to say exactly when that is. You can probably add a printf
 to given an indication of where in the loop you're plugging in the
 hub, so you can change the timing around a bit.

 -victor