Date:      Sun, 07 Jul 2002 20:06:15 -0500
From:      "F. Even" <freebsdlists@elitists.org>
To:        <security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Default ssh protocol in -STABLE [was:

Really?  I seem to have noticed the introduction of a "periodic.conf"
between 4.0 and 4.4.  While it was pleasant to see it, it was still a
change.  This seems about the same....a small config change, except the
default is a little different...and if people are blindly upgrading entire
systems following the STABLE branch...well....

If I'm understanding right, this change is not going to be introduced into
"RELENG_4_ver," just the STABLE branch.  It would seem to me that you would
know if you are upgrading your version of OpenSSH, the main way to connect
to your machine remotely, and you should be familiar enough to know the
defaults is different, and to either change it back or not.  I mean....if
you are taking the time to upgrade, a config file setting shouldn't be that
big of a deal.

Frank