Date:      Wed, 26 Nov 1997 15:57:19 -0800 (PST)
From:      zhong chen <zchen@cs.pdx.edu>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org

I am a member of Portland State University's Secure Mobile Network
project. We use FreeBSD as the platform of developing various Mobile IP
daemons and applications. Curretly, we are talking about supoorting
multicast in Mobile IP. The problem is that, all our routers speak PIM
(Protocol Independent Multicasting), but the FreeBSD mrouted speaks DVMRP
(Distance Vector Multicast Routing Protocol), so they can not interoperate
and our mobile hosts can not connect to mbone when their traffic are
indirectly routed through mobility agents which are powered by FreeBSD.

Any idea about this problem is appreciated. (Is there a PIM implementation
for FreeBSD? Or PIM and DVMRP can actually interoperate?)

Thanks a lot!

Zhong CHEN

Dept. of Computer Science
Portland State University