Date:      Thu, 10 Feb 2005 19:39:41 -0500
From:      Danie Du Toit <danie.dutoit@gmail.com>
To:        "Andrew L. Gould" <algould@datawok.com>
Cc:        Anthony Atkielski <atkielski.anthony@wanadoo.fr>
Subject:   Re: Secure file transfers

I am sorry, the requirements was a bit vague.

A customer will call in with a issue and I'll request they send me log
files, crashdumps, sniffer traces, etc.    If  the info is, say less
than 5MB, I request they mail me the file zipped (password encryped)
as most users do not have pgp or a secure ftp client (mostly windows
users). Larger files must be FTP'd.  Well of course there is the
security concern.

I believe one can set up a Apache server with SSL to PHP and have the
client browse to the server and upload the files securely (without
having to load any additional client software on their windows
PC's/servers)

I am running a 5.3 box and have some issues installing Apache/SSL/PHP
due to dependencies mismatches.