Date:      Sun, 31 May 1998 15:14:52 -0700
From:      Josef Grosch <jgrosch@superior.mooseriver.com>
To:        allen campbell <allenc@verinet.com>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Can someone explain this nonsense?

On Sun, May 31, 1998 at 03:40:43PM -0600, allen campbell wrote:
> Why does the trade press get all gushy when NT manages to acquire
> functionality that server operating systems have had for years?

I can answer that in one word, Baaaaa! The trade press have turned into
sheep being herded around by barking dogs. If you remember back to Bill's NT
demo in New York 18 months ago, he stood up on stage and said, "This NT
system is doing a million transactions per second". Not one of the sheep
stood up and said, "Excuse me, Mr. Gates, What's a transaction?"

> I'm sorry for posting this; it doesn't relate directly to FreeBSD,
> but sometimes this crap gets to me.  Case in point:
>
>     http://www.techweb.com/wire/story/TWB19980529S0026

[ DELETED ]

Josef

--
Josef Grosch           | Another day closer to a |    FreeBSD 2.2.7
jgrosch@MooseRiver.com |   Micro$oft free world  | UNIX for the masses