Date:      Thu, 17 Oct 1996 13:58:44 -0700
From:      "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>
To:        Keith Mitchell <kmitch@unix.guru.org>
Cc:        nate@mt.sri.com (Nate Williams), current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Weirdness in current

>> Where is it dumping core?

>I checked my program again and did find a small bug in it that would cause
>it to reference an array out of bounds.  Its amazing that compiling in the
>math library would fix this and the dynamic/static executable made a
>difference. ;-)  And at that only on output redirection.  Go Figure. ;->>

Not necessarily.  Compiling in the math library may have given you
just enough extra allocated memory somewhere that you were writing
into valid memory, even if it was out of your stack bounds.  Lacking
the math library may have made that particular area of memory
non-allocated.

Asserts are a developer's best friend.  Assert!  Assert!  Assert!

  Michael L. VanLoon                           michaelv@MindBender.serv.net