Date:      Thu, 09 Aug 2001 13:15:30 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Hodge Podge <nicole@unixgirl.com>
Cc:        chat@bafug.org, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RE: 3ware FreeBSD support being trashed by rackable systems?

On 09-Aug-01 Hodge Podge wrote:

>  Greetings all
>  My boss just called rackable systems abt their 3U storage array which uses
> the 3ware IDE Raid card.  He was told that the OS to install on the system
> would be Linux by the sales person becouse for the 3ware RAID card "the
> linux drivers are the best and the FreeBSD driver is terrible"
>
>  Is this true?

No.  I'm sure Mike Smith will reply, but in case he doesn't, I think 3ware is
using FreeBSD with Mike's driver for a NAS solution that they plan to market.
If 3ware uses FreeBSD with the twe(4) driver as its platform of choice, that
should say something.  Also, tell your boss to call up 3ware and ask for their
opinion.