Date:      Mon, 28 Nov 2005 01:50:32 +0100
From:      Dejan Lesjak <dejan.lesjak@ijs.si>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org, andy@triera.net
Subject:   Re: Problem with X on startup

On Sunday 27 of November 2005 16:31, Andy Rozman (Aleksander) wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I have installed X on my FreeBSD 6.0, but I am having problem running it .
> I tried with original driver i810 (intel), but I can't get it to work. Then
> I wanted to run it with vesa driver. This time X starts (only with X
> command not with startx), but it stops. It displays X (mouse pointer), I
> can move it arround if I want, but start up stops here.
>
> Attached is zip file with Xorg.0.log and messages file, and config.

Attachments have ways of not getting through to this list. You might have to
mark their type as text/plain, that usually helps them.

> Andy
>
> Here is my configuration:
>
> FreeBSD 6
> X Windows System Version 6.8.2
> Computer Notebook Dell Insiron 2200, grahic card Intel i810, ver 915GM

You might want to try x11-servers/xorg-server-snap instead of
x11-servers/xorg-server port. You can replace it using portupgrade with
something like:

portupgrade -o x11-servers/xorg-server-snap xorg-server

Dejan