Date:      Mon, 06 Aug 2001 15:58:26 +0800
From:      Kelvin Ng Chee Hoong <nchee_hoong@pacific.net.sg>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   CRC error

Hi ;
   I inserted 3 NIC cards into my FBSD machine (2 unit of  3COM 95XX and
1 unit of realtek) . It is working fine but I get CRC error .

One of 3com fast ethernet interface is connected directly to our Cisco
75xx core router .

   When I typed "show interface fastethernet x/x/x " , the result I get
is as following ........

Internet address is 192.168.1.1/30

     56290 packets input, 12971372 bytes, 0 no buffer
     0 watchdog
     56298 packets output, 10115876 bytes, 0 underruns(0/0/0)
     0 babbles, 0 late collision, 0 deferred
     0 lost carrier, 0 no carrier

Does somebody know what is the reason to cause CRC   error ?
The following actions that I had taken
(1) I have swap to another ethernet interface but I still get the same
result .
(2) Change UTP cable , still no improvement .

Can somebody tell me how do I tune the FBSD the solve this problem ?